About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Monday, February 16, 2009

You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather.

We had plans for a family picnic at the park today, but impending rain changed our plans. It was a good thing, actually.
Currently, I am:

- organizing and cleaning out/disinfecting bookshelves, craft boxes/bins, toy boxes.

- packed up 8 garbage bags & 2 boxes full of things to donate

- washing all bedding (4 beds, then Kai's extra bed (bunk bed) per my normal routine every other week

- painting the dining room STILL.

- figuring out the new lighting/chandelier in the dining room. Nothing too fancy-I found one at Lowe's for under 100 bucks. ANYTHING will be better than the old-school brass one we have currently. ICK.

- reminding myself to get pewter outlet covers for the whole house

- picking out chairs for the dining room. Only have 4 chairs, want 6 for entertaining, and because Jake's too big for his high chair. Dining room chairs have been a PAIN for me, because at first I had to search and search (for the past 2 years!) that we've had our set, for matching chairs. I FINALLY found EXACT matching chairs for our set, but come to find out, they're all out of stock on every single site that was offering them. I took the plunge and bought two black chairs to offset our maple colored set just now, online. This will tie into the black reupholstering I'm doing on our current 4 chairs, and will tie in the green walls and black/white theme I am doing in that room. Now to find black valances.

- painting a canvas to match the other one in our dining room

- choosing a turquoise for our bedroom. I found a lot of awesome photos to use for inspiration. B's all about the color, so I'm glad. Here is the photo I really am pulling it from-our bedding is similar to the drapes in the photo:

http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2008/12/black-whiteand-turquoise.html

- figuring out dinner. I'm slacking on the weekly meal plan this week. We've been eating out A LOT. Every Friday we've gone to dinner somewhere, then we've been on the go so much that we've been eating out. ICK. I've got tomato, bell pepper, rice, tortilla, cheese, spices, beef and chicken at hand, so I'll figure something out as soon as I update.

Aside from our dining room being in shambles and our bedroom being close to it, our bathroom in our room is undergoing a mini-remodel, and we have no flooring in there. I haven't even thought about going to pick some out yet. My mind is in too many places at the moment.

Once we tackle those 3 rooms, the kids want their rooms painted.


I don't think my house has been this messy in awhile. I pretty much destroyed every room today, going through stuff to donate. Every time something else is put away, I turn around and there is a new mess. Such is the way of having 3 kids, I suppose. At least my kitchen is spotless. That is, until I start dinner.


I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now, though.

No comments: