About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to school 2012-2013

Summer break has come to an end, and last Monday as I walked the youngest kiddo to his Kindergarten class, I felt it again. That anxious feeling of the kiddos growing up so fast. Time passes in the blink of an eye and I have no more babies at home. They're growing, their personalities are blooming and their attitudes are growing just as big as they are. Just call me Melancholy Momma, and pass me the Starbucks so I can Pin(terest) to my hearts content. The end of Summer break is always a point of reflection for me. As much as it is a changing point in the kids lives, it is also one for me, as we gear back up for the busy-ness of homework, dinners, chores, practices, rushing here and there. This back to school season is a bit of a change, as I'm still settling into my Stay Home Momma gig. Most Moms find that they love staying home when their babies are, well, babies. I've been known to do things backwards =) Hi, I'm Jen. Mom of a 7th and 5th grader, and Kindergartener. Bring on the band concerts, dance classes, football and baseball games, play dates, Holidays, and all of the lovely Kindergarten firsts. I SO live for this stuff.
First day of school!
First stop, Drama Tween's school. The dog on the shirt is because it's her last year of elementary, she's a 'big dog' this year.
Second stop, Bambino's middle school. This is definitely a step up for Momma, as last year was his first year of middle school, and all I ended up with was a photo taken while I was still seated in the car, with the window rolled up.
Lastly, Freckle's elementary school. First day of 'real school'! His preschool career in an actual school was approximately 9 days, so I wasn't sure how he'd adjust. He was a champ, and walked right onto the playground like he owned the place. (psst-he cried for a minute on the second day)

No comments: