Here is some of our February in photos:
A bottle of wine and a very lovely note, from the owners of the home that we moved into. They are a wonderful family as well as dear friends of ours. We are thankful that they chose us to care for their home.

I discovered Bakerella's Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies, and decided to give it a try.


Saying they were a success would probably be an understatement. Since then, I have made quite a few more batches, some even with a Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint in place of an Oreo. February also meant Girl Scout Cookies!!! =)
Project mania. I had to! New homes just scream to be decorated.
Mod Podge and scrapbook paper give new life to a hand me down Ikea chest of drawers, plus matching pennant banner

The dining room set also needed a change. The color of the new dining room is light, so I thought darker furniture would stand our more.
We bought this dining set off Craigslist 7 years ago for an absolute steal. It was brand new and it even had plastic wrapping on the chair cushions. It's solid wood and solidly built, and I really did not want to have to purchase a new set, so I commissioned husband to give it a facelift.


**A friend of mine has an amazingly awesome vinyl machine, hence my massive vinyl decal. He ships to anywhere! =)
Valentine's Day. Tradition is to serve up a meal for my family every year. The kids enjoy this tradition, which is usually some kind of pasta, and sparkling grape or apple cider in wine glasses.


It was Freckles' first Valentine's Day school party. I volunteer in his class once a week and on special occasions. They all had fun trading Valentine cards and snacking on goodies.


Husband and I don't go all out for Valentine's Day, but I am thankful that he always thinks of me- chocolate, a card, Safe Haven tickets. We also had our one date night for the month- Papa Roach and Stone Sour concert at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel


Lots of arranging of the new house.





Lots of baseball tournaments in February for Bambino


Nevada reading week for the kiddos at school. This means extra reading time every night, fun reading contests and exercises at school, celebrating Dr Seuss, and having dress up days at school.



A few firsts: Freckles first time catching the bus to school, and DramaTween getting her first pair of glasses



March seems to be flying by as fast as February has. Hoping everyone is having a happy and healthy 2013 so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment