About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

I don't want him to grow up

I've been a Mom for almost 9 years. My little man has always been my baby, regardless of how old he is. There is something about a first child, although you love ALL of your children the same amount. He's been my learning curve child, the one I've learned from the most.


My Kai. I was worried that he was going to be too shy, too quiet.

Friday night, he ran 3 miles with his new team. He interacted with the players and the Coach, and this was their first meeting. I thought the intense 2 hour practice was going to be too much for him, but he said he enjoyed it and can't wait to officially join this team.

I had a long talk this morning with the ex, Jason, regarding Kai & Jewel's extra-curricular activities. We go halves on expenses such as uniforms, sporting equipment, shoes, event expenses, etc. We both agreed that we're definitely going to have to step it up a notch, since Kai's going to be on two baseball teams-the one that Jason coaches is seasonal, with separate uniforms and bats. The other team that he just joined is year-round, with more expensive equipment and trips out of town. Once football starts up, he will be in tackle football for the first time (he's been on a flag football team for the past 3 years). Tackle football of course, requires pads, a helmet, mouth piece,new shoes since he's outgrown his old cleats. It's getting expensive. This is aside from Jewel's cheer expenses every month.


Kai is definitely worth the hard jab to our bank account. He is still maintaining a perfect report card, has never missed a day of school in the past 2 years, and is always winning awards at school.

Like a typical Mom, I am worried about him getting burnt out, or his schoolwork taking a back seat to his sports. Of course, it'll be easy to change that by not letting him play anymore. I guess this Momma's just trying to find the right balance of letting her boy grow up, and wanting to shelter and baby him. After all, he still is my baby.

It's a bittersweet thing, watching my little man grow up. I am so damned proud of all his accomplishments, that I want to cry. He is such a well mannered child, the best role model for his sister and brother. At the same time, it's a little sad watching him grow up so fast.

So, because he gets all embarrassed when I hug him and squish him and tell him I love him when I drop him off, I'll say it here- Mommy loves you so much and appreciates and cherishes every day she shares with you. You are truly a blessing, and I could not have asked for a better child.

No comments: