I always get the urge to post when it's way too late for me to be awake.
Totally unorganized, too.
This past weekend was a blast a group of us headed to Victorville, CA on Friday night, and returned on Sunday. While there, B was in another Demolition Derby, held at the San Bernardino County Fairgrounds. We are returning 3 more times, as it is a series of 4 derbies.
Once again, good friends and my In-Laws provided tons of things to LOL about the whole weekend.
Been spending lots of time with my sister still. Been reading books when Jake naps.
The kids are doing great. As I gaze at them at the dinner table, them taking turns talking, or talking over each other which then causes a fight, I can't help but smile. Bambino, with the voice that's getting lower, these huge brown eyes and a smattering of light freckles on his cheeks. He describes to me the chants he's made up with his new team mates, or funny things a kid at school said. Drama Tween, the one with glittery eyelids after putting on her pretend makeup, or thinking up clever updates for her Twitter page (yes, she has her own Twitter). She's always so animated and full of wit. Bambino compared her tonight to the kid in the books "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"-the one that gets crazy when given sugar. That's just Drama Tween, pumped up on sugar or not. Freckles follows his siblings so much, and is beside himself with excitement when we pick them up from school. He is a polite toddler, both loving and lovingly mischevious.
I recently gave away the last of Freckle's 'baby' things. His slings, his crib. It really made me realize that the 'having babies' chapter of my life is completely over, and now I'll just be raising children. It's both a wonderful and bittersweet realization. No more groggy middle of the night feedings. No more teething. No more baby food. I also realized though, that there will ALWAYS be the nuzzling the kids' heads with my cheeks, the watching them while they sleep moments, and even them sitting on my lap, for as long as they want to do that. Then with those realizations, I am completely happy to begin this new chapter in life. I have after all, been blessed with 3 amazing children.
I've been having self esteem issues. I just feel so BLAH with myself lately. I spent time with my sister today, helping her organize her things for her trip to Egypt. She has all these cool, trendy items that I totally covet, but would be clueless as to how to put together an outfit, had I owned those things. Cool scarves, hats, drapey off the shoulder shirts. When going out, she always looks so put together. Granted, it takes her a few hours to get ready, LOL. I've never really been into the whole being dolled up thing. Unwrinkled jeans and a top are my staples. Of course, everyone has their 'better' days where they just feel like putting a little more effort into their normal look. Maybe I should motivate myself to have more days like that. This whole not having a job thing has really made me take two steps backward in the land of glam. Velour jogging suits are as glam as I get nowadays.
Because of these BLAH days, I've been wondering how B can manage coming home to ME every day. Disheveled looking, but with a sparkling clean home, and dinner ready. Why doesn't he get a cute wife AND a clean home? honestly, there is no reason why he can't have both.
Even with my disheveled ass, he still does these wonderful heart melting moments. He'll text me how much he loves me when we're sitting at a restaurant with a group of people. When he sees that elderly couple that live up the street from us, he'll call me and tell me, "Us in forty years is outside again".
The best thing about him, is that he has been actually LISTENING to what I desire, without me having to mention it more than once. I mentioned how much fun I had with a tire swing, when I was little. He then attempts to assemble one for the kids, then even takes the first one down and tries again to make a nicer one because the first one didn't meet his standards. He came home with the items needed to make a nicer one today, and finished the swing by the time I got back from visiting my sister:
It's been a little chilly here, and windy. I haven't been motivated to take any pictures lately, but I have around 200 that need to be uploaded onto the laptop.
I feel like I have so much more to update about, but am having a mental block as to how to write about it. If that even makes sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment