About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer thus far

- Summer's here! We've definitely been soaking up the sun and having a blast! We've been swimming like fish! We have a blow up pool in our front yard, we've been making frequent trips to my Dad's pool which is right up the street from us. We've been visiting hotel pools and having a blast. I love the smell of sunscreen and sunshine.

- I have 4 kids home with me all day Monday through Friday. I keep them on a schedule so as to not get bored. It's been pretty easy. Well, except the day that I had SIX kids home with me.

- Had a lot of photoshoots with family and friends. Of course, I am nowhere NEAR professional caliber and reiterate this fact to everyone who approaches me to take photos of them.

- Been planning our vow renewal ceremony. Got my dress. Well, B bought it after him & I looked at dresses together. Booked the photographer, got my cousin to help me coordinate since I'm doing it long distance. Got the favor maker (she's a local baker in San Diego). We have FINALLY decided on a venue. No Elvis themes in Vegas, no vow renewals before a Nascar race at a Speedway (these were our 2 previous plans). We are renewing our vows near our 5 year anniversary. It will be on the sand at the beach, on Coronado Island, San Diego, next September.

- Summer heat has sporadically kicked in. We have days of 100 degrees, then it cools back down to the 70's. We've planned a few Summer trips-one being a trip alone w/ B to California. We are watching races at Irwindale, then we are going to enjoy the Santa Monica pier. We *may* squeeze in Disneyland. If not, that will be saved for another trip. We also have another trip to Utah in September. We are renting a cabin in the mountains and just hanging out away from home.

- Kai and Jewel have ended their second year at their 'new' public school, once again earning A's & B's, and being on the Honor Roll, every trimester. They are doing exceptional in school.

- Kai is kicking butt in baseball. He had a strike out streak, but he's improved his batting and is back to playing amazing again. He mostly plays as the pitcher, but he likes to play whichever position he is needed. Little League season has just finished, but now he is practicing with the All Star team, which he has made this year.

- Jewel has officially quit Girl Scouts. It was too slow paced for her. She is enjoying gymnastics. Her Dad signed her up for a talent/model search at a local casino last week. She went to the first 'audition' on a Tuesday, and she got a call back for the next day. She was one out of 4 kids that got a call back. She WORKED the runway, and did a little skit on laundry detergent (script for a commercial). The 'judges' enjoyed her and said she had attitude. The night she went back for a call back, they offered her a contract to start classes, etc. Not surprisingly, it was a whopping $1300 every two months, twice a week. Jason and I discussed it and we didn't think it was something we should do. Jewel wasn't particular into the whole thing, so that confirmed our decision.

- Jake is growing like a weed. He is currently heavier than his older sister. At 55 lbs, he recognizes but a few of the alphabets, can recognize numbers 1-10, knows all shapes and colors, and has started recognizing words in books. My next goal is to have him start writing his name. Since we have no plans of putting him in school in the near future, we figured that we can put my degree to use =)

- we've all been social butterflies. The playgroup Moms are a blast. I really feel like they are becoming genuine friends. We hang out at each others' houses, have Holiday get-togethers, and enjoy Girls Night Out IMMENSELY. Jake has been learning to socialize and it's also another step in preparing him for school (whenever that may be).

- the bestie and I have been planning a lot of her wedding. G chat has become our addiction. Katie has most of the major things planned, now we are working out the smaller details. She chose her dress, and we chose bridesmaid dresses on the same day. I took her engagement photos yesterday, and I will share some of them whenever I get around to posting pics =)

- I really miss my friends in other places, they know who they are. Funny how you can become such great friends with people you meet online. I really loved being able to visit Hope in San Antonio. I also was excited when Beth and Christine came and saw us in Vegas. I got to see Abby and her kiddos the other night. She is moving back to Houston. While I am happy that she is able to move back to where her family lives, I will also miss her and her kiddos. I wish we got to hang out and know each other better.

- the kids have been spending a lot of time with family. My Dad has Kai & Jewel sleep over almost every night of the week. He's been off of work for a month or so. He got rear-ended by a police officer, so his neck has been hurting. He's had to go to therapy and also recently got an epidural in his neck to relieve the pain from two herniated discs in his neck. If my Dad isn't with the kids at his house, he is over here hanging out, or at the park watching Kai's baseball games and baseball practice. My sister and her boyfriend are always at our house on Sunday, when they both are off of work. They make it a point to always come see the kids. The kids really look forward to that every Sunday.


- Billy and I are doing great. I am thankful for this man. We just work. Of course, our relationship isn't without 'work', but it's amazing, the level of which we just 'get' each other. I just fucking love him.

No comments: