About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stuff

It was a beautiful, crisp 50 degrees this morning. Perfect weather.

I got through my hectic weekend!

- Wood floors were completed in time. B did an amazing job. The next home project to tackle are new french doors in the game room. We have also decided to redo our staircase. We are thinking cherry wood to match the floors downstairs, with black wrought iron scroll designs on the railing. B's close friend (Katie's fiance) is a carpenter and said this project would be a piece of cake for him.

- Katie's bridal shower was amazing. I'm proud of myself that it all came together. I was seriously having doubts. I conjured up this image in my head and didn't know if I could pull off the execution-I ordered most of the table decor online (plates, tableware) and sometimes it comes out differently than originally pictured. I made the centerpieces and ceiling decor. I also folded paper cranes to place on one of the centerpieces (back story on that in the post where I include photos). Katie cried when I toasted her, like I knew she would. LOL.

* I could not have pulled off the shower without B's help. He helped me tremendously with it, even though he wasn't even invited to it. He went food shopping with me and suggested certain dishes, helped me clean the house that day and even cooked/arranged ALLLL of the food and platters. He left after he washed the last dish and as the first of the guests arrived.

- my sister Joey, Katie, Kai, Jewel and I participated in the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) walk Saturday morning. We didn't bring Jake because I think a 5k walk is still a bit much for him. The kids had a lot of fun and want to do it again next year. They learned a lot about diabetes lately, because some of their friends in school have Type 1. They also learned a lot from meeting Justice, the boy who has Type 1 and who's Mom is a friend of mine. We were walking as a team with Justice and his family, and we were called 'Justice's Pancreatic Avengers'.

- Sunday was our SEVENTH annual friends' thanksgiving dinner. Since a lot of my old airport friends go out of town for Thanksgiving, we always get together early in November for a turkey dinner of our own. The past few years it's been held at our house, since the original hosts, Sarah and Casey, have a smaller home and our little group that gets together annually has doubled in size. A lot of laughs and delicious food.

- Yesterday Dad started radiation for his Melanoma. Stage 1 melanoma. His mole on his nose has been removed and basically radiation is to be done 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Dad was on my mind all day yesterday and I've been thinking about him all morning. I called him before his treatment and also after his treatment. He said he felt fine. The Dr. mentioned him possibly feeling ill/nauseous starting the 2nd or 3rd week. We haven't told the kids. Dad's logic was that it's not serious enough for them to worry about.

- Yesterday, Jake & I hung out at home while the kids were in school. I could tell he wasn't feeling himself during lunch, he barely touched his food and went to lay on the couch. He had a temperature of 101. I called and made an appt with the Ped to nip whatever sickness he had, in the bud before it got worse. The only appt they had the same day was at a different location than our normal one (a few blocks from home). B volunteered to take Jake since I had to take Jewel to dance class and Kai to baseball practice. After over an hour of waiting (something we never have to do at 'our' location), Jake was seen. He has a head cold. Negative on strep or any ENT infections. His fever has miraculously disappeared and he seems back to his normal self. He weighed SIXTY FIVE POUNDS yesterday. B was a little worried and asked the Dr if he was normal, and the Dr said that Jake is just a big healthy boy. (so fuck off, haters. LOL)


- The ex, Jason, and I have been getting along really well lately. We've been getting along for quite some time, but now there are even jokes between us. A huge step was taken as well-Jake has been to his house to play. Without me around, obviously. He has always treated Jake with respect (as much respect as you can give a 3 year old), and Jake has asked to go play. Since Jason offered, I took him up on the offer. Jake survived with no tears and even came home excited to tell me what he did there. This will be something that happens frequently, I'm guessing.

- Jason and I have been talking about moving our families together somewhere for the past to years. We could never decide on a neutral area. Jason liked the idea of Phoenix, AZ or Austin, TX. I wanted to move to Denver, CO. I'm amazed that we have

I'll be 32 next Wednesday. Why do all these twenty-something year olds freak out as they approach their thirties? Honestly, I'm loving it. I feel a sense of maturity and I feel more experienced in life. I'm loving my thirties.

The only things I've noticed about aging/getting older:

- the lines in my forehead don't go away when I'm not scowling

- I've become addicted to coffee. This is a new habit. I still don't like wine.

- I can't last past 10pm. My body shuts down and my eyelids insist on closing.

No comments: