My absolute favorite, even though it's a pretty 80 degrees right now, in November, instead of in the 60's like I'd like it to be.
Lots to update about, as usual. Right now, I'm just enjoying:
- elections are over which takes away political ads from our televisions. Not that we watch a lot of it, but watching the news was not the same, with dirt slinging ads and that well paid, crazy dramatic commercial voiceover guy's voice reciting a crappy slogan. *clears throat* anyway, glad to be rid of the commercials and the DRAMA. It's safe to say that I have not been disowned during this election. It's a nice change.
- we survived Halloween. This may sound puzzling but with the event overload that happens during the Holidays, it was not a small feat. We paced ourselves and did only the events that we truly enjoyed during previous years. A real farm and pumpkin patch in our favorite area of Utah? yes please. Fall Festival at the kids school put on by the PTA? yes please. An annual trick or treat event at a state museum featuring old, period homes? yes please. A huge Halloween bash thrown by my family and my Dad? yes please. Going to an overcrowded clusterfuck event put on by a radio station with lines 2 blocks long to get ONE piece of candy? nope.
- Kai, Katie, my sister, her BF and a handful of friends participated in the Zombie Walk on the Strip this year. It was SO fun. Definitely not for everyone, but it tickled our morbid, weird pickles.
- that pesky 'home improvement' bug has bit us. It's been over 2 years since we've lived here and we have been doing things one at a time. Currently, the living room is in shambles. Flooring is torn out so that we can continue the wood floor that we have in the dining room, into the living room. I could swallow this fact easier if I didn't have Katie's fancy bridal shower AT MY HOUSE this Saturday. Which means 3 NIGHTS to finish everything before a whole slew of women come over. That and the fact that I scheduled our 7th annual friends' thanksgiving dinner the day after that. *headdesk*. I know, I do this to myself.
- I had jury duty. This consisted of me sitting in a room with a handful of 20 minute breaks throughout the day. At the end of the day, we were released. I caught up on my reading while doing my civic duty. Win, right? =) during jury duty, I learned that Kai's baseball coach is the chief judge of the 8th judicial district here.
- kids are doing amazing. The 'OMG, I can't believe these are MY kids and I love them' moments have outweighed the 'OMG, I can't believe these are MY kids because I want to beat their asses!' moments. Just kidding. I don't beat asses, but I do have to raise my voice every once in awhile.
- I missed the deadline for school for Fall, obviously. I may miss it for Winter as well. I just want to get through the Holidays first. Being wife/Mommy trumps being JEN right now, and I don't mind.
- Jake has a few more tball games and his season will be complete. Kai's baseball never stops, of course. Jewel's hip hop dance classes have been going well. Kai had an amazing time in DC with his Papa.
- the 6th anniversary of Mom's death was on October 27th. My stepdad, sister, brother and I all went and had a lovely meal together that night. We sat and reminisced on all the crazy things we remember. She really was a spectacular woman who touched the lives of many people, especially in her work as a social worker. That day was OK. It's easier on some days, but some days are still horrible and I just want my Mom back.
- my Dad and stepmom are still living together, despite her being adamant on wanting a divorce. We celebrated her birthday during our Halloween bash, her and my Dad spend all their free time together still, they shop for an apartment and a car for her together. It's very clear that they depend on each other for companionship but the love that they should have as a husband/wife is not there, and it seems that everyone is OK with that.
- my cousin came in from Montana to visit us. I LOVE seeing him. He is a few years older than me but we always shared a lot of the same values/opinions when it comes to our lives, so he is easy to talk to and fun to be around. This was the first time he had met Jake, and Jake literally had him (and everyone else) in tears of laughter when we went to dinner with him. I love my family.
Which leads me to realizing I have a TON of photos to post here. I'm such a slacker.
How is everyone doing? is anyone out there still?

No comments:
Post a Comment