About the supergirl

My photo
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV, from Oahu, HI, United States
Happy Wife to a hubby with many hobbies. Full time working Mom of two sons and a daughter. Loves to volunteer in the community, loves to travel to many places with the family, loves to cook, bake, enjoys stock car racing, collecting antiques, crafting, music and taking pictures. Neat Freak. Loves her friends and family. Born and Raised in Hawaii.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Mad Tea Party

Lately I have been seeing some amazing and unique photos of children. Some of my favorites have been the chalk scenery photos like this one done by a longtime online friend,Kimi of Coopet Photography in Minnesota.
Of course, we have a sloped driveway and rough asphalt, so my attempt at this photo has been put on hold until the new house (yay for a flat driveway!)

Because the chalk photos had to be put on hold, I didn't want to wait to do SOMETHING fun and unique in the meantime. During Halloween, I kept seeing Alice in Wonderland costumes, and the idea hit me. A mad tea party! So, I collected a few pieces of costume as well as some pieces straight out of our closets, to achieve this look. I also gathered random pieces of decor from around the house, borrowed tea cups from a friend, strung crepe paper in our backyard, and set up my freshly painted patio set in the grass. The below is the outcome from our mad tea party. We ended up having a blast!

My family mad tea party starring Freckles as skater rabbit, Bambino as the mad hatter, and DramaTween as Alice.

No comments: